Here are some best ways to spend your hotel points
- Cash + Points at any properties
- Weekday or weekend nights at cat 1 or 2 properties.
- Fifth nights free when you redeem at cat 3, 4, 5hotels.
- Nights and flight awards, which you redeem 60000 SPG points and get 50K miles+ 5 free night at Cat 3 hotel or 70000 SPG points and get 50K miles+ 5 free nights at cat 4 hotels.
- Transfer to Airline miles at 1:1 basis + 5000 bonus for every 20000 points transferred. However, this is only good when there is additional bonus on top of 5000 bonus, like BA did 30% more.
Redeem points at any Cat 7 hotel is a waste, unless you have tons of points and no where to spend them, don’t use them for cat 7 hotels.
- Going Global Award (available for Silver member or above only): 175000 for 6 nights at Level 6 properties, 150000 for 6 nights at level 5 properties.
- AXON (available for American Express Hilton Card member only): 125,000 for 4 nights at Level 5, 6 properties
- Points Stretcher Award: Award at 40% off.
- Travel package: 235,000,250,000, 270,000 points for up to 120,000 frequent flyer miles or 80 mileage credits, and 25% off Hertz car rental and 7 night at Category 1-5, 6,7 properties.
- Point saver award at all participating properties and Ritz-Carlton Properties
- Redemption at Level 1 or 2 properties.
- Point Breaks: 5000 points per night
- Some High Price Intercontinental,
Crown Plaza, Holidayinn and Holiday inn Express
- Redemption at level 1,2 are the best value, 3 is Ok too.
- Fast Free night promotion
- Cash + points, However, Carlson Hotel group has a bad reputation of crediting points, I have heard lots of complain on missing credits, so not a program I would suggest.
All other Hotel programs are either not Points based like