Monday, June 30, 2008
This promotion is harder than the one Delta had earlier this year, since I don't like US airways miles, I will only do 4 partner activities to top off 4000 bonus miles.
I will do Ereward transfer, Dining, Mall and live search club or Officemax purchase.
you can also do:emiles, lifelock, supershuttle, Thanks again(drying cleaner).
Other than those, if you really want to hit 12 partners, you can choose USA today, netflix,Buy miles, AIG, FTD.com, Energy Plus. Some of them are for selected States only.
Getting acitivities from Hotels or Car rental are harder since they require 2 times for same partner and count as 1 activity.Hotel points transfer has min 3000 requirements too, so I can not transfer just 1 miles to US airywas like I did with Delta. Also, points.com swap doesn't count either.
Overall, not a Great promotion, but does give something to top off account.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Carlson Hotel Group, 里面包括Regent Hotels & Resorts, Radisson Hotels & Resorts, Radisson SAS Hotels & Resorts，Radisson Edwardian Hotels and Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts，Country Inns & Suites By Carlson and Park inn. 你没花一美元可拿到15到20点不等， 另外每次从网上预定可拿500点，网上check in可再拿1000点。这个连锁下面有950多家酒店，也是遍及世界各地。另外这个酒店也有象Starwood那样的cash + point 免费房。 初步看上去，象是个不错的计划，但不知道为什么，没有象其它的连锁那样引起大家的注意。我再研究研究，有必要的话，再写一个。
下面再说几个小小酒店常住优惠计划, 这些优惠计划都不能拿point, 但是可以直接拿到航空公司的累计里程, 而且还有一些其它的优惠待遇.
Omni Hotel Selected Guest Program. 免费加入,加入后会给你一张50% off weekend rate certificate 和 one room upgrade certificate. 还有你每次住都可以拿到500 delta, AA or United mileage累计里程.当然了还有late checkout .我当时在Cancun住了2个晚上的omni hotel，房间就是用的那个50% off certificate, $54 一晚． 还有我后来要去潜水，需要late checkout 4:00pm,他们说要 收50元，我说我是selected guest member. 他们马上说,那免费.您看6:00 pm 够吗? 所以说免费还是有实惠的.
下 一个是Wyndham byrequest(now part of Wyndham Rewards Program). 也是免费的. 你可以有免费互联网连接服务和免费使用酒店的长途及本地电话 .当然了,还有500 miles累计里程, 适用于 AA, HP, NW, DL, CO , UA, 或 US airways各大航空公司.
下一个是 Fairmont hotels President’s Club, 会员是分级别的. Club membership is complimentary. In-hotel benefits are provided on your first stay following enrollment. 普通会员免费, 高级会员(Premier membership)最少一年五次或十晚入住, 白金会员(Platinum membership) 最少一年十次或三十晚入住, 高级会员可拿free night certificate and more airline miles
还有象香格里拉也有自己的酒店常住优惠计划, 叫Golden Circle, 给他们发个email就可以申请,分 3个等级,最底的也有免费房间升级,另外还可以有航空公司累计里程拿.
还 有一个，叫The Leading Hotels of the World. 它不是一个连锁, 只不过好 多世界上牛的酒店都被他们加到这个program, 象peninsula, Banyan Tree(云南丽江和迪庆), 他们的最低级的普通会员是免 费的,上面就要收费了,但免费的那个级别也可以有one level upgrade.
还有accorhotels,其中包括象sofitel, Novotel, Mercue, Motel 6之类的，但是现在它们马上就会从新做它们的酒店常住计划，我会等新的计划出来后再看看。
所有的这些酒店常住优惠计划都是挺有实惠的,反正你也是要给钱住,干吗不从他们那里多要点东西 呢?钱还是花的一样多的. 从来没有写过这么长的东西, 希望大家看了不要眼晕. 希望大家也能多多分享自己的出游经验
Friday, June 27, 2008
use promotion code: DFCOECCL08
This "sale" is actually valid on lots of destinations and dates as long as you book on lan.com
Detail about "deal" discussion is here and here
too bad, I cannot take advantage of this offer. Enjoy!
Lan.com is official website of Lan airlines, part of oneworld alliance.
Escalating fuel prices continue to impact our world economy, everyday life and the airline industry. Due to continued, unprecedented fuel costs, we will add the following fuel surcharge to Award Tickets originating from the U.S. and Canada, effective August 15, 2008:
- $25 for Award Travel between the 50 states and Canada
- $50 for Award Travel between the 50 states/Canada and all international destinations
Award "free ticket" is not longer free
for example, if you are looking for an economy award ticket wihtin US, and you can not find a free seat on Delta.com. so you have to call them to book.
You will incur 25 call center booking fee+25 partner airlines fee+25 fuel surcharge+ tax=80+
if book within 21 days of departure, you will need to pay another 75, so total 150+ for a Economy award ticket
Now only premium cabin award ticket has some value left.
Monday, June 23, 2008
The saving is big sometimes and all AAA rate comes with free breakfast for two.
I stayed at Hyatt Regency at San Antonio, where room is selling 209 on hyatt.com. With AAA rate, the room drop to 119 with breakfast. One night is enough to pay AAA membership.
Also, AAA rate is a flexible rate, so you can cancel anytime. This added more value to AAA membership dues.
In addition, you can earn choice points at following European countries now:
Before you can only earn from US and Canana properties, and redeem worldwide. Now more place to earn.
As I mentioned before, you can redeem those points at Preferred Hotel & Resorts
Sunday, June 22, 2008
No registration required, but need to book 355783 as SET number for Triple or 355781 for double, which means you can not use with your corporate discount anymore.
Still, not a bad offer
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Here is the link
Also, when you on sign up step 4-newsletter, make sure to select the third one. This will make sure you get Survey from BMI in the future. their Survey only has 6 questions and will award you 2500 miles each time. I've got 2 already this year.
3000 miles+$70 USD can gave u a one way ticket within most Europe countries.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Deal for 2 days rental is Delta 3000 bonus miles with Budget.
Deal for 3 days or more is Delta 4000 bonus miles with Budget.
Deal for 4 days or more is Delta 5000 bonus miles with Avis
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
The Earning ratio is not bad at all, saksfifthave earns you 5 points per $, so spend 30K can get u a great vacation in some nice resorts.
There were serveral properties forgot to request catergory change when they opened, which made award stay at those newly opened hotels a great deal.
2 years ago, Hilton sanya opened as Hilton Catgory 1 hotel and lots of people too advantage of that "offer". Last year, Sheraton Dameisha Resort in Shenzhen opened as SPG Catergory 2 property, so I took advantage of it and redeemed 45000 points for three nights during National holiday in a 2 bedroom Oceanview suite and a connecting room on Executive level.
I will spend 2000 points to see what Beijing aloft looks like soon
They come to the right market at right time and left their competitors hard to chase now
so from now to the end of promotion, you can earn about 150+ just clicking that partner activity, which will give you 3500 miles.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
1 matched UA and AA first checked bag policy
2 will charge $2 per soft drink and $7 for beers and wine
3 increases fees for award travel
4 Will Eliminate Elite bonus
The last one is a big move, I have never ever seen any airlines on earth does not give any bonus to its elite members. I don't think this change will help the airline at all, it will only make its elite stay award from flying with them.
If other airlines match this move, the value of FFP will change significantly. I have started searching some backup programs. Will post more detail once I come up with something
Thursday, June 12, 2008
here is the link
Soon, all other airlines will match.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Friday, June 6, 2008
use promotion code t4k7p at checkout, valid until 6/30. With this promotion, a queen size mattress only cost $600 with no tax and no shipping.
I bought their mattress few years ago, it's REALLY good and comfortable.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
- Ticketing period: June 5 — June 30, 2008
- Travel period: June 5 — September 3, 2008
- Blackout dates: none
- Advance purchase restriction: per rule of fare purchased
- Minimum stay restriction: per rule of fare purchased
- Passenger eligibility: e-certificate may be used one (1) time for up to four (4) passengers on the same itinerary
- 90K/120K business/first class to from North/Central America to most
- 90K/120K in business/first class from North/south Asia to
- 105K/140K business/first class from North America to Asia via(stopover) europe
- 75K business class from Europe to
- 20K/30K in economy/business class within/btw
China, Japan, Koreaand . Taiwan
- 20K/30K in economy/business within/btw Australia/New Zealand
- 20K/40K in economy/business within/btw Australia/New Zealand to Other
- 20K/40K in economy/business within
- 5K within
on island air Hawaii
- 120K in business class from North/Central America to Africa is line with most other
programs such as NW. US
70K/90K in business/first from Asia 2 to South Pacific including
60K/90K in business/first from Asia 1 and 2 to
20K/40K in economy/business within
- 20K economy within countries like
Chile(excluding Easter Island), Japan, Argentina,Peru
- Low season economy to Europe, South America 2 and
- Allow 2 stopovers(1 domestic and 1 international) and 1 openjaw if departs from North America
- 25K in Economy within
Africa on Kenya Airways
20K/30K in Economy/Business almost anywhere in
Asia(can not use Korean Air) and 25K if include CO
- 35K in economy to some Northern South America counties such as Peru, but no stopover.
- 40K/60K from Asia to Hawaii excluding Korea Air and Delta
- Allow 1 stopovers and 1 open jaw excluding some regions
- 25K/30K in Economy/Business within
Asia with one stopover permitted exclude Continental Micronesia Business first.
- 35K in economy to some Northern South America counties such as Peru
- 140K/200K in economy /business around the world travel with max 6 stopovers and no max flying miles limit.
- However, you have to pay what its computer asks u to pay. They may charge you more for some simple round trip and they will tell you “sorry, this routing is not in our system, so you have to pay more”
- For travel within lower 48 states and less than 1500 miles, CO has 20K economy, but valid on CO and CO express only
- 10K in economy for Intra Europe on Air Europa and flybe
- 25K in economy almost anywhere in Asia exclude Korea Air
- 35K in economy to some Northern South America counties such as Peru
- 40K/60K in economy/business from Most Asia countries to Hawaii exclude Korea Air
- 140K/200K in economy /business around the world travel with max 6 stopovers and no max flying miles limit
- 30K in Economy to Central America and Caribbean.
- 75K business class from Europe to
- 20K/30K in economy/business within north Asia, However, its North Asia including more countries than United, such as Hongkong, Russia,
Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan
- 20K/30K in economy/business within South Pacific
- 40K/60K from North Asia to South Pacific
- 10K for one way or 20K for RT within US if booked on alaskaair.com
- 15K for RT within Alaska
British Midland Airways (BMI):
- you can redeem one way for half of RT miles with a stopover and you can redeem half cash and half miles for the award too.
67.5K in Business from Central and North America to
75K in business from Central and North America to rest
75K in business from Zone 8 including
Chinato Europe countries except some Western Europecountries.
- 60K in business from North America to all South America Countries
45K in business from Middle East to
- the only deal I found on deal is 20K within a same country. And Easter Island is considered as
on BA’s chart, so only 20K can get u a RT from SCL to IPC or v.v. Chile
I have mentioned before, click to see detail.
In general, Other programs offers relatively bad accumulation and redemption level, especially those programs in Asia. I do not suggest anyone use any Programs in Asia. Also, you can see UA, US and BM offer better overall value than others for people always go to Asia or Europe, that's maybe why my UA account balance always not high enough
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Rouing includes via JNB and DEL, but destination must be europe, fare are nonrefundable.
you can go like this PDX-SFO-FRA-JNB-FRA-IST-FRA-IAD-PDX.
IST is the destination, all others are connections, you can not stay in JNB for more than 10 hours.
Not bad deal at all, similar to UA to New Zealand deal in 2007, but this one is booked into Z class and non refundable
Monday, June 2, 2008
China will change will Asia 1 to Asia 2, which means economy/business/first from North America will jump to 70K/110K/135K.
However, due to this change, econ/bus/first award ticket from China to South Pacific such as Austrilia, new Zealand, Tahiti and even Easter Island will down to 50K/70K/90K
If you are Gold or PLAT and have SPG credit card, you will earn
2*4=8 points+ 2 Points for credit+1 elite bonus=11 points for each dollar spend.
Beijing has one aloft, I will try it later this year. However, stay at Beijing aloft btw Aug 1st-31st are not eligible for the bonus